I've been receiving a fair number of links and new visitors in recent months, which reminds me that a lot of people reading this have never read some of my past work. Since I don't focus on current events here, most of my posts remain as relevant today as they were when I wrote them four months ago. So, in an effort to serve those who don't want to filter through the voluminous archives, and in another effort to avoid writing something original, I periodically post links to myself so that the new folks can share a little of The Happy Husband's past. Here are a few from February and March:
- I washed my wife's feet at our wedding reception as a statement of my intention to love her as Christ loved the church.
- I sang a silly song at my wedding, and had a friend (my favorite singer, actually) sing a beautiful, meaningful song.
- Months are just a fact of life, especially certain times of them.
- Mrs. Happy and I like to play games together. Sometimes we play board games, and sometimes we play games that don't require any equipment. Both kinds are fun.
- Read the story of how Mrs. Happy and I got turned back at the door when we tried to see a taping of Super Millionaire.
- The best kind of intimacy is emotional intimacy.
- My wife and I produced our first His and Hers feature on Friday, March 5.
- For some reason, we get a kick out of seeing places we know in a movie or on TV.
- I've never posted a real picture of myself here, but if you're curious you can see what I would look like as a character on the TV show South Park.
That's it. I kind of went through a dry spell this past winter, but there were still a few nuggets I'm proud of. If you like these posts, you can find some that are even better by reading Reminiscences No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4.