A writer in the Washington Post describes the intensive premarital counseling she went through. This article is a love story, proposal story, and celebration of marriage all in one. If you're asked for un/pw, try almeda/garjohhut. (Thanks to Miss O'Hara for the link.)
Apparently, singles who are once-divorced have more stock in the dating market than those who have never been married. Social scientists speculate that a prior marriage demonstrates a willingness and capability to commit. I don't follow that logic, but World and USA Today both report on it.
Monday was Valentine's Day, and the blogosphere went all out celebrating marriage and romance:
- Tim from Mission Safari writes an open love letter to his wife. (Thanks to Joe Missionary for the link.)
- JivinJehoshaphat offers some reasons that his wife is the best.
- Ben Wilson on celebrating Valentine's Day while recovering from a spouse's infidelity.
- Scott and Lori talk about their Valentine's Day.
- Jollyblogger offers a gratuitous Valentine's post, though not as gratuitous as Joe Missionary's.
- Hope Wilbanks discusses how her love for her husband came about. (Thanks to Irene for the link.)
- Rick of Rambling Adventures has a song in his head. (Irene again.)
- IntollerantElle has some advice for girls on Valentine's Day. (Irene once again. Actually, all of the following links were sent to me by Irene. I may have to start paying her.)
- David of all kinds of time… says he has high standards for a potential wife.
Marn talks about the importance of marital duties and about her 210th wedding anniversary. Key quote: "I came this close to beginning the 31st year of my marriage by fighting with my spousal unit because he gave me a gift I had wanted for months."
There are a lot more links out there this week, but this is overwhelming enough as it is. If you know of something important I've left out, please leave it in the comments.